Senior Living in 13165 (Waterloo, NY)
- 13165 scores the same as the Waterloo, NY average of 68.
- 13165 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13165 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Geneva General Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Seneca Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Finger Lakes Health, and Seneca Falls Community Residence.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Silver Creek Golf Course, Seneca Falls Country Club, and Seneca Lake Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Seneca Lake State Park, Geneva Recreation Complex, and Cayuga Lake State Park.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including United Church of Phelps, Adams James H, and Trinity Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.80% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.86% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,201, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,939, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,601, which is in the top 55% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.92%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13165 has a sparse population density of 158.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.63%.