Senior Living in 13204 (Syracuse, NY)
- 13204 has a SeniorScore® of 65, which is the 12th highest of any zip code in Syracuse, NY.
- 13204 scores lower than the Syracuse, NY average of 72.
- 13204 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13204 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Four Winds Syracuse, St Joseph\'s Hospital Health Center, and Crouse Hospital.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including Arc of Onondaga Administration, The Centers at St. Camillus, and Central Park Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 114 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 47 golf courses nearby, including Burnet Park Golf Course, Bellevue Country Club, and East - Private Course at Drumlins Golf Club.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including Syracuse Zoo (Rosamond Gifford Zoo), Inner Harbor, and Franklin Square Park.
- There are 76 churches nearby, including St Brigid & St Joseph, Basilica Sacred Heart of Jesus, and St Patrick\'s Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.81% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $37,460, which is in the top 94% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $27,514, which is in the top 94% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,696, which is in the top 90% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.90%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13204 has a dense population density of 4,521.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 72.43%.