Senior Living in 13212 (Syracuse, NY)
- 13212 has a SeniorScore® of 79, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Syracuse, NY.
- 13212 scores higher than the Syracuse, NY average of 72.
- 13212 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13212 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (St Joseph\'s Hospital Health Center and Four Winds Syracuse).
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including Pitcher Hill Apartments, Buckley Landing, and Parkrose Estates Retirement Community.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 155 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including Brooklawn Golf Course, Sunnycrest Golf Course, and Lake Shore Yacht & Country Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Skä•noñh Great Law of Peace Center, Schiller Park, and Inner Harbor.
- There are 84 churches nearby, including Luther Memorial Nursery School, North Syracuse Baptist Church, and St Rose of Lima Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.81% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,356, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,822, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,213, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.93%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13212 has a dense population density of 1,921.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.97%.