Senior Living in 13215 (Syracuse, NY)
- 13215 has a SeniorScore® of 80, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Syracuse, NY.
- 13215 scores significantly higher than the Syracuse, NY average of 72.
- 13215 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13215 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Community-general Hospital Of Greater Syracuse, Four Winds Syracuse, and Richard H Hutchings Psych Ctr.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookdale Summerfield, Brookdale Bellevue, and Upstate University Hospital at Community General TCU.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 34 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 125 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Tanner Valley Golf, Bellevue Country Club, and Burnet Park Golf Course.
- There are 14 parks nearby, including Elmwood Park, Shove Park, and Onondaga Park.
- There are 94 churches nearby, including St George Macedonian Eastern, St Michaels Roman Catholic Chr, and Onondaga Hill Presbyterian Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.81% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $98,522, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $79,255, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,675, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.70%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13215 has a sparse population density of 449.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.27%.