Senior Living in 13224 (Syracuse, NY)
- 13224 has a SeniorScore® of 78, which is the 6th highest of any zip code in Syracuse, NY.
- 13224 scores higher than the Syracuse, NY average of 72.
- 13224 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13224 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Syracuse Va Medical Center, Richard H Hutchings Psych Ctr, and Crouse Hospital.
- There are 32 senior living facilities in the area, including Oaks at Menorah Park Campus, Menorah Park, and Nottingham R H C F.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 36 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 135 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including East - Private Course at Drumlins Golf Club, Sunnycrest Golf Course, and Bellevue Country Club.
- There are 12 parks nearby, including Burns Garfield Funeral Home Inc., Forman Park, and Clark Reservation State Park.
- There are 85 churches nearby, including Proctor Emery C, Our Lady of Solace Church, and Temple Society of Concord.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.81% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,119, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,863, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,322, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.66%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13224 has a dense population density of 2,984.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.60%.