Senior Living in 13308 (Blossvale, NY)
- 13308 scores the same as the Blossvale, NY average of 72.
- 13308 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13308 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Rome Memorial Hospital, Inc).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Terrace at Woodland, Betsy Ross Rehabilitation Center, and Bethany Gardens Skilled Living Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including McConnellsville Golf Club, Mcconnellsville Golf Club, and Brandy Brook Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks nearby, including Treasure Isle RV Park, Landing Campground Inc, and Rome Sand Plains.
- There are 24 churches nearby, including Peloubet Andrew D, Gehl James E, and Verona United Methodist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.24% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,605, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,174, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,600, which is in the top 48% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.45%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13308 has a very sparse population density of 93.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.19%.