Senior Living in 13320 (Cherry Valley, NY)
- 13320 scores the same as the Cherry Valley, NY average of 66.
- 13320 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13320 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Marchand Manor Home For Adults, Marchand Manor Home For Adults, and Woodside Hall.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Otsego Golf Club, Leatherstocking Golf Course, The, and Canajoharie Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Belvedere Lake Resort, Cooperstown Shadow Brook Campground, and Glimmerglass State Park.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Smith Douglas C, Ames-Sprout Brook Methodist, and United Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.77% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,420, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,750, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,231, which is in the top 45% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.67%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13320 has a very sparse population density of 26.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.24%.