Senior Living in 13324 (Cold Brook, NY)
- 13324 scores the same as the Cold Brook, NY average of 56.
- 13324 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13324 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are no senior living facilities in the area.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Golf Club of Newport, The, Glass Hill Golf Course, and Alder Creek Golf Course & Country Inn.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Adirondack Gateway Campground, West Canada Creek Campsites, and Kayuta Lake Campgrounds.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including St Ann\'s Church, St John the Baptist Church, and Remsen United Methodist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.94% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.39% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,542, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,755, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,099, which is in the top 64% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.02%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13324 has a very sparse population density of 18.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.61%.