Senior Living in 13326 (Cooperstown, NY)
- 13326 scores the same as the Cooperstown, NY average of 66.
- 13326 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13326 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Woodside Hall, Clara Welch Thanksgiving Home, and Otsego Manor.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Leatherstocking Golf Course, The, Otsego Golf Club, and Meadow Links Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Glimmerglass State Park, Betty and Wilbur Davis State Park, and Hartwick Highlands Campground.
- There is 1 church nearby (Smith Douglas C)..
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.77% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $77,419, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,272, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,493, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.60%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13326 has a very sparse population density of 58.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.25%.