Senior Living in 13337 (Fly Creek, NY)
- 13337 scores the same as the Fly Creek, NY average of 72.
- 13337 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13337 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Clara Welch Thanksgiving Home, Woodside Hall, and Otsego Manor.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Leatherstocking Golf Course, The, Meadow Links Golf Course, and Otsego Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Cooperstown Family Campground, Hartwick Highlands Campground, and Cooperstown Beaver Valley Cabins & Campsites.
- There is 1 church nearby (Smith Douglas C)..
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.77% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,690, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,458, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,651, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.50%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13337 has a very sparse population density of 42.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.95%.