Senior Living in 13350 (Herkimer, NY)
- 13350 scores the same as the Herkimer, NY average of 61.
- 13350 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13350 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Little Falls Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Folts Home, Valley Health Services, and Mohawk Valley Health Care Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Mohawk Valley Country Club, Little Falls Municipal Golf Course, and Pine Hills Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Herkimer Diamond KOA and Veteran\'s Memorial Park).
- There are 14 churches nearby, including St Francis De Sales Church, Reformed Church of Herkimer, and St Anthony & St Joseph Rc Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.94% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.39% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $44,829, which is in the top 83% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $31,689, which is in the top 88% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,886, which is in the top 77% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.52%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13350 has a sparse population density of 331.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.25%.