Senior Living in 13361 (Jordanville, NY)
- 13361 scores the same as the Jordanville, NY average of 65.
- 13361 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13361 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Little Falls Housing Authority, Folts Home, and Alpine Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Otsego Golf Club, Meadow Links Golf Course, and Doty\'s Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Cooperstown KOA, Cooperstown Shadow Brook Campground, and Glimmerglass State Park.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Smith Douglas C, Fords Bush Bible Baptist Ch, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.94% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.39% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,412, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,435, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,710, which is in the top 77% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.34%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13361 has a very sparse population density of 29.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.91%.