Senior Living in 13416 (Newport, NY)
- 13416 scores the same as the Newport, NY average of 73.
- 13416 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13416 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Little Falls Hospital, Faxton-st Luke\'s Healthcare, and Mohawk Valley Psych Center.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Alpine Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Folts Home, and Valley Health Services.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 61 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Golf Club of Newport, The, Glass Hill Golf Course, and Little Falls Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Herkimer Diamond KOA, Adirondack Gateway Campground, and West Canada Creek Campsites.
- There are 23 churches nearby, including St John the Baptist Church, Christ Lutheran Church, and Emmanuel Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.94% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.39% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,873, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,313, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,220, which is in the top 51% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.01%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13416 has a very sparse population density of 43.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.81%.