Senior Living in 13421 (Oneida, NY)
- 13421 scores the same as the Oneida, NY average of 63.
- 13421 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13421 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Oneida Healthcare Center).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Oneida Healthcare and Chittenango Center For Rehab Health Care)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 59 golf courses nearby, including Oneida Country Club, Kanon Valley Country Club, and Oneida Community Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Mount Hope Park, The Villages at Turning Stone RV Park, and Villages of the Turning Stone.
- There are 14 churches nearby, including Johnson Kurt P, First United Methodist Church, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.60% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.48% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,675, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,022, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,610, which is in the top 43% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.62%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13421 has a sparse population density of 336.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.08%.