Senior Living in 13438 (Remsen, NY)
- 13438 scores the same as the Remsen, NY average of 62.
- 13438 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13438 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Sunset Nursing and Rehabilitation Center).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Alder Creek Golf Course & Country Inn, Glass Hill Golf Course, and Woodgate Pines Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Kayuta Lake Campgrounds, West Canada Creek Campsites, and Pixley Falls.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Remsen United Methodist Church, St Ann\'s Church, and Unitarian Church of Barneveld.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.24% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,056, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,962, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,867, which is in the top 47% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.11%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13438 has a very sparse population density of 44.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.96%.