Senior Living in 13439 (Richfield Springs, NY)
- 13439 scores the same as the Richfield Springs, NY average of 65.
- 13439 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13439 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Clara Welch Thanksgiving Home, Woodside Hall, and Mohawk Valley Health Care Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Meadow Links Golf Course, Otsego Golf Club, and Doty\'s Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Cooperstown KOA, Glimmerglass State Park, and Hidden Valley Outfitters.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Smith Douglas C, Annunciation Church, and St Augustine\'s Episcopal Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.77% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,369, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,375, which is in the top 69% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,333, which is in the top 56% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.47%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13439 has a very sparse population density of 45.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.60%.