Senior Living in 13452 (St Johnsville, NY)
- 13452 scores the same as the St Johnsville, NY average of 61.
- 13452 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13452 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including St Johnsville Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Inc., Palatine Nursing Home, and Alpine Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Fox Run Golf Club, Hales Mills Country Club, and Little Falls Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Crystal Grove Diamond Mine and Campground and Veteran\'s Memorial Park).
- There are 9 churches nearby, including St Paul Lutheran Church, United Methodist Church, and Reformed Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.22% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,011, which is in the top 76% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,517, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,707, which is in the top 77% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.85%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13452 has a very sparse population density of 60.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.57%.