Senior Living in 13459 (Sharon Springs, NY)
- 13459 scores the same as the Sharon Springs, NY average of 69.
- 13459 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13459 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Cobleskill Regional Hospital and Bassett Hosp Of Schoharie Cnty).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Marchand Manor Home For Adults, Marchand Manor Home For Adults, and Palatine Nursing Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Canajoharie Country Club, Cobleskill Golf & Country Club, and Otsego Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Full-Tan Sun Club, Belvedere Lake Resort, and Hide A Way Camp Sites.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including St Johns-St Marks Lutheran Chr, United Methodist Church, and Ames-Sprout Brook Methodist.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.82% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.64% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,962, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,700, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,009, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.58%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13459 has a very sparse population density of 43.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.02%.