Senior Living in 13460 (Sherburne, NY)
- 13460 scores the same as the Sherburne, NY average of 69.
- 13460 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13460 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Community Memorial Hospital, Inc and Chenango Memorial Hospital, Inc).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Pratt Newton Memorial Home, Chasehealth , and Community Memorial Hospital S N F.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Mountain Top Golf Course, Riverbend Golf Course, and White Eagle Conference Center.
- There is 1 park nearby (Lebanon Reservoir Campground)..
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Methodist Church, First Baptist Church, and Randallsville Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.04% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,591, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,536, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,539, which is in the top 49% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.36%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13460 has a very sparse population density of 61.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.26%.