Senior Living in 13461 (Sherrill, NY)
- 13461 scores the same as the Sherrill, NY average of 74.
- 13461 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13461 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Oneida Healthcare Center).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Oneida Healthcare).
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Crystal Springs Golf Course, Kanon Valley Country Club, and Oneida Community Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including The Villages at Turning Stone RV Park, Villages of the Turning Stone, and Mount Hope Park.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including St Helena\'s Church, Sherrill United Methodist Chr, and Gethsemane Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.24% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,405, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,802, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,304, which is in the top 25% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.61%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13461 has an average population density of 1,330.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.47%.