Senior Living in 13478 (Verona, NY)
- 13478 scores the same as the Verona, NY average of 82.
- 13478 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13478 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Oneida Healthcare Center and Rome Memorial Hospital, Inc).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Oneida Healthcare, The Rome Home, and Betsy Ross Rehabilitation Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 66 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 70 golf courses nearby, including Atunyote Course at Turning Stone Casino Resort, Crystal Springs Golf Course, and Brandy Brook Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including Villages of the Turning Stone, The Villages at Turning Stone RV Park, and Rome Sand Plains.
- There are 35 churches nearby, including Verona United Methodist Church, St Peter\'s Lutheran Church, and Holy Family Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.24% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,607, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $73,250, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,360, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.29%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13478 has a very sparse population density of 86.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.72%.