Senior Living in 13480 (Waterville, NY)
- 13480 scores the same as the Waterville, NY average of 75.
- 13480 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13480 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Community Memorial Hospital, Inc).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Harding Nursing Home, Brookdale Clinton, and Brookdale Clinton.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 56 golf courses nearby, including Sauquoit Knolls Golf Club, Sulpher Springs Golf Course, and Barker Brook Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Cider House Campground and Hidden Valley Outfitters).
- There are 23 churches nearby, including First Presbyterian Church, Faith Chapel, and Sauquoit United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.24% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,956, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,219, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,522, which is in the top 43% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.32%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13480 has a very sparse population density of 65.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.25%.