Senior Living in 13483 (Westdale, NY)
- 13483 scores the same as the Westdale, NY average of 64.
- 13483 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13483 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are no senior living facilities in the area.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including North Shore Golf Course, McConnellsville Golf Club, and Mcconnellsville Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Up Country family campground, Bass Lake Resort, and Whispering Woods Campground.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including St Patricks Parish Ctr, United Methodist Church, and Abundant Life Cmnty Chr-camden.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.24% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $80,831, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,031, which is in the top 77% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,660, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13483 has a very sparse population density of 37.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 70.25%.