Senior Living in 13491 (West Winfield, NY)
- 13491 scores the same as the West Winfield, NY average of 60.
- 13491 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13491 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Harding Nursing Home, Mohawk Valley Health Care Center, and Sitrin.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Stonegate Country Club at Summit Lake, Cedar Lake Club, and Doty\'s Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Hidden Valley Outfitters)..
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Federated Church of W Winfield, St Joseph\'s Church, and Faith Chapel.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.94% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.39% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,648, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,833, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,457, which is in the top 49% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.08%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13491 has a very sparse population density of 50.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.98%.