Senior Living in 13492 (Whitesboro, NY)
- 13492 scores the same as the Whitesboro, NY average of 79.
- 13492 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13492 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Faxton-st Luke\'s Healthcare and St Elizabeth Medical Center).
- There are 25 senior living facilities in the area, including Presbyterian Homes and Service, Presbyterian Home For Central New York, and Preswick Glen.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 73 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Sadaquada Golf Club, Domenico\'s Golf Course, and Hidden Valley Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Oriskany Battlefield State Historic Site and Floyd Town Park).
- There are 38 churches nearby, including St Anne\'s Church, Trinity United Methodist Chr, and St Paul\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.24% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,460, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,888, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,677, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.58%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13492 has an average population density of 769.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.67%.