Senior Living in 13501 (Utica, NY)
- 13501 has a SeniorScore® of 55, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Utica, NY.
- 13501 scores lower than the Utica, NY average of 60.
- 13501 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13501 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (St Elizabeth Medical Center and Faxton-st Luke\'s Healthcare).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Guardian Angels, Focus Rehabilitation and Nursing Center at Utica, and The Pines at Utica Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 53 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Valley View Municipal Golf Course, Yahnundasis Golf Club, and Twin Ponds Golf & Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 25 churches nearby, including Lucas Lawrence E Rev, Tabernacle Baptist Church, and Blessed Sacrament Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.24% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,040, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $30,886, which is in the top 90% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,024, which is in the top 81% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.69%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13501 has a dense population density of 4,405.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.09%.