Senior Living in 13502 (Utica, NY)
- 13502 has a SeniorScore® of 64, which is the highest of any zip code in Utica, NY.
- 13502 scores higher than the Utica, NY average of 60.
- 13502 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13502 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Faxton-st Luke\'s Healthcare, Mohawk Valley Psych Center, and Faxton-st Luke\'s Healthcare.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Adirondack Manor HFA - Willow Park Assisted Living, Masonic Care Community of New York, and Guardian Angels.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 68 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Glass Hill Golf Course, Valley View Municipal Golf Course, and Crestwood Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (West Canada Creek Campsites)..
- There are 33 churches nearby, including Church of Our Lady of Lourdes, Holy Trinity Catholic Church, and Sacred Heart Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.24% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,246, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,968, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,919, which is in the top 65% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.90%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13502 has an average population density of 618.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.66%.