Senior Living in 13603 (Watertown, NY)
- 13603 has a SeniorScore® of 57, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Watertown, NY.
- 13603 scores lower than the Watertown, NY average of 60.
- 13603 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13603 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Jefferson County Home - The Aged, Samaritan Keep Nursing Home, and Angel\'s Inn Home for Adults.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (1% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including White Pines Golf Course, Ives Hill Country Club, and Highland Meadows Golf & Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are no churches nearby.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.41% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.68% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $42,001, which is in the top 88% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,127, which is in the top 77% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $14,733, which is in the top 92% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $52,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $120,085 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.48%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13603 has a dense population density of 1,789.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.79%.