Senior Living in 13608 (Antwerp, NY)
- 13608 scores the same as the Antwerp, NY average of 63.
- 13608 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13608 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Edward John Noble Hospital Of Gouverneur and Wilcox Army Community Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Gouverneur Pine Grove).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Emerald Greens, Gouverneur Country Club, and Wellesley Island State Park Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Back Bay Campground & Cottages)..
- There are no churches nearby.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.41% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.68% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,034, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,500, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,264, which is in the top 69% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $52,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $120,085 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.64%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13608 has a very sparse population density of 43.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.39%.