Senior Living in 13612 (Black River, NY)
- 13612 scores the same as the Black River, NY average of 75.
- 13612 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13612 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Samaritan Medical Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Jefferson County Home - The Aged, Samaritan Summit Village , and Samaritan Keep Nursing Home.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including White Pines Golf Course, Highland Meadows Golf & Country Club, and Ives Hill Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Thompson Park Zoo and Conservancy, Public Square, and Fairgrounds Ice Arena.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including COG Soldiers of Jesus Christ, Watertown Assembly of God, and Lees Gerald B.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.41% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.68% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,994, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,242, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,061, which is in the top 46% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $52,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $120,085 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.51%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13612 has a sparse population density of 160.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.52%.