Senior Living in 13613 (Brasher Falls, NY)
- 13613 scores the same as the Brasher Falls, NY average of 66.
- 13613 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13613 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Massena Memorial Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including St Regis Nursing Home, Highland a Healthcare Facility, and Louisville Housing.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 10 golf courses nearby, including Meadowbrook Golf Club, Cedar View Golf Course, and Port Kent Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Riverside Campground and Robert Moses State Park).
- There are 2 churches nearby (Advent Christian Church and Salvation Army Thrift Store).
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.25% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.10% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,173, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,125, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,825, which is in the top 71% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.20%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13613 has a very sparse population density of 32.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.98%.