Senior Living in 13615 (Brownville, NY)
- 13615 scores the same as the Brownville, NY average of 76.
- 13615 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13615 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Samaritan Medical Center).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Angel\'s Inn Home for Adults, Jefferson County Home - The Aged, and Samaritan Keep Nursing Home.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Ives Hill Country Club, Watertown Golf Club, and Highland Meadows Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Fairgrounds Ice Arena, Public Square, and Thompson Park Zoo and Conservancy.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including COG Soldiers of Jesus Christ, Watertown Assembly of God, and Lees Gerald B.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.41% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.68% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,605, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,861, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,863, which is in the top 53% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $52,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $120,085 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.53%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13615 has a sparse population density of 331.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.74%.