Senior Living in 13619 (Carthage, NY)
- 13619 scores the same as the Carthage, NY average of 58.
- 13619 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13619 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Carthage Area Hospital, Inc).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (The Country Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Centre and Carthage Area Hospital S N F)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including White Pines Golf Course, Cedars Golf Course, and Carlowden Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Beartown State Forest and Adirondack 1000 Islands Camp).
- There is 1 church nearby (Calvary Assembly of God)..
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.41% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.68% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,720, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,806, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,547, which is in the top 55% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $52,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $120,085 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.46%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13619 has a sparse population density of 100.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.36%.