Senior Living in 13633 (De Peyster, NY)
- 13633 scores the same as the De Peyster, NY average of 65.
- 13633 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13633 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Edward John Noble Hospital Of Gouverneur).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Gouverneur Pine Grove, Spicer Adult Home, and RiverLedge Health Care and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 8 golf courses nearby, including Gouverneur Country Club, Emerald Greens, and St. Lawrence State Park Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Wild Wings Hunt&Train, Eel Weir, and McLear\'s Cottage Colony.
- There is 1 church nearby (Christ Church of Love)..
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.25% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.10% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,638, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,357, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,115, which is in the top 70% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.66%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13633 has a very sparse population density of 17.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 74.12%.