Senior Living in 13652 (Hermon, NY)
- 13652 scores the same as the Hermon, NY average of 61.
- 13652 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13652 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Spicer Adult Home, Edwards Housing Authority, and Maplewood Health Care and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 9 golf courses nearby, including Partridge Run Golf & Country Club, St. Lawrence University Golf Course, and Gouverneur Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Adirondack Park)..
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Christ Church of Love, Unitarian Universalist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.25% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.10% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,968, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,561, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,592, which is in the top 73% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.45%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13652 has a very sparse population density of 27.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.54%.