Senior Living in 13654 (Heuvelton, NY)
- 13654 scores the same as the Heuvelton, NY average of 65.
- 13654 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13654 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Claxton-hepburn Medical Center and St Lawrence Psychiatric Center).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including RiverLedge Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, United Helpers, and St Josephs Home.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 8 golf courses nearby, including St. Lawrence State Park Golf Course, Partridge Run Golf & Country Club, and St. Lawrence University Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Wild Wings Hunt&Train, Eel Weir, and Saint Lawrence Park.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Salvation Army, Jehovah\'s Witnesses Kingdom, and Christ Church of Love.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.25% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.10% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,128, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,958, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,400, which is in the top 74% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.54%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13654 has a very sparse population density of 37.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.77%.