Senior Living in 13656 (La Fargeville, NY)
- 13656 scores the same as the La Fargeville, NY average of 64.
- 13656 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13656 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (River Hospital, Inc and E J Noble Hospital Samaritan).
- There are no senior living facilities in the area.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 16 golf courses nearby, including Lake Of The Isles Golf Club -Thousand Island, Lake Of The Isles Golf Club, and C-Way Golf Club.
- There are 13 parks nearby, including 1000 Island Campground, Grass Point State Park, and Clayton Town Recreational Park.
- There are no churches nearby.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.41% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.68% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,213, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,971, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,612, which is in the top 55% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $52,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $120,085 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.05%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13656 has a very sparse population density of 33.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.42%.