Senior Living in 13682 (Rodman, NY)
- 13682 scores the same as the Rodman, NY average of 77.
- 13682 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13682 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Samaritan Medical Center).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Samaritan Summit Village , Samaritan Keep Nursing Home, and Angel\'s Inn Home for Adults.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 47 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including Watertown Golf Club, Ives Hill Country Club, and Highland Meadows Golf & Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Tuggers, Thompson Park Zoo and Conservancy, and Public Square.
- There are 12 churches nearby, including Adams Center Baptist Church, Life Church of Nazerene, and Watertown Assembly of God.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.41% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.68% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $82,379, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,714, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,870, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $52,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $120,085 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.31%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13682 has a very sparse population density of 28.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.91%.