Senior Living in 13736 (Berkshire, NY)
- 13736 scores the same as the Berkshire, NY average of 62.
- 13736 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13736 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Good Shepherd Village at Endwell).
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Grandview Farms Golf Course, Newark Valley Golf Club, and Catatonk Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Greenwood County Park, Robinson Hollow State Forest, and Bonita Nudist Resort at.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, Most Holy Rosary Church, and Mc Kendree United Methodist.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.03% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,353, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,768, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,217, which is in the top 57% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.02%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13736 has a very sparse population density of 38.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.20%.