Senior Living in 13744 (Castle Creek, NY)
- 13744 scores the same as the Castle Creek, NY average of 82.
- 13744 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13744 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Our Lady Of Lourdes Memorial Hospital, Inc, United Health Services Hospitals, Inc, and Binghamton Psychiatric Center.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including James G Johnston Memorial Nursing Home, United Methodist Homes, and Life at Elizabeth Church Manor Nursing Home.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 92 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Chenango Commons Golf Course, Dimmock Hill Golf Course, and Ely Park Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Chenango Valley State Park, CFJ Park, and Greenwood County Park.
- There are 59 churches nearby, including Castle Creek United Meth Ch, Central Baptist Church, and Community Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.20% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.43% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,563, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $68,359, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,607, which is in the top 43% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.97%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13744 has a very sparse population density of 98.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.77%.