Senior Living in 13748 (Conklin, NY)
- 13748 scores the same as the Conklin, NY average of 78.
- 13748 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13748 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (United Health Services Hosps and Binghamton Psychiatric Center).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Hearth Management LLC, United Methodist Homes, and Good Shepherd Fairview Home.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Conklin Players Club, Vestal Hills Country Club, and Chenango Commons Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Schnurbusch Park, Recreation Park, and Lakeside Campground.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Little White Church, Conklin First Presbyterian Chr, and St John Evangelist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.20% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.43% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,306, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,026, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,852, which is in the top 42% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.67%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13748 has a sparse population density of 287.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.51%.