Senior Living in 13755 (Downsville, NY)
- 13755 scores the same as the Downsville, NY average of 62.
- 13755 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13755 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Delaware Valley Hospital, Inc).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Roscoe Regional Rehab and Residential Healthcare Care Facility and Roscoe Community Nursing Home)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Twin Village Golf Club, Tennanah Lake Golf & Tennis Club, and Huff House, The.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Peaceful Valley Campsite and Russell Brook Campsites).
- There are 2 churches nearby (United Church of Roscoe and St Nektarios Greek Orthodox).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,132, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,083, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,065, which is in the top 70% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.89%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 13755 has a very sparse population density of 21.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.18%.