Senior Living in 13787 (Harpursville, NY)
- 13787 scores the same as the Harpursville, NY average of 67.
- 13787 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13787 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Binghamton Psychiatric Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including United Methodist Homes, Good Shepherd Fairview Home, and United Methodist Homes.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including Belden Hill Golf Club, Afton Golf Club, and Chenango Valley State Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Nathaniel Cole Park, Kellystone Park Campsite, and Forest Lake Campground Inc.
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Afton Baptist Church Parsonage, Afton Baptist Church, and North Fenton Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.20% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.43% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,989, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,179, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,782, which is in the top 77% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.59%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13787 has a very sparse population density of 57.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.84%.