Senior Living in 13795 (Kirkwood, NY)
- 13795 scores the same as the Kirkwood, NY average of 76.
- 13795 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13795 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Binghamton Psychiatric Center and United Health Services Hosps).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including United Methodist Homes, Hearth Management LLC, and Good Shepherd Fairview Home.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Conklin Players Club, Vestal Hills Country Club, and Chenango Commons Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Schnurbusch Park, Lakeside Campground, and Nathaniel Cole Park.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Little White Church, Conklin First Presbyterian Chr, and Broad Ave N-Presbyterian Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.20% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.43% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,257, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,692, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,906, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.46%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13795 has a sparse population density of 186.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.52%.