Senior Living in 13803 (Marathon, NY)
- 13803 scores the same as the Marathon, NY average of 70.
- 13803 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13803 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Cortland Regional Medical Center, Inc).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Crown Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, Walden Place, and Cortland Park Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 54 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Maple Hill Golf Club, Walden Oaks Golf Course, and Elm Tree Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Country Hills Campground, Robinson Hollow State Forest, and Lime Hollow Center for Environment and Culture.
- There is 1 church nearby (Whitney Point United Meth Chr)..
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,490, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,639, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,040, which is in the top 52% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.47%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13803 has a very sparse population density of 44.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.23%.