Senior Living in 13809 (Mount Upton, NY)
- 13809 scores the same as the Mount Upton, NY average of 71.
- 13809 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 13809 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (The Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including New York State Veterans\' Home - Oxford, Valley View Manor Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Chenango Valley Home and Apartments.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Sundown Golf & Country Club, Sidney Golf & Country Club, and Blue Stone Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Unadilla / I-88 / Oneonta KOA)..
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Episcopal Rectory E Main, Renton Barbara A, and First Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.04% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,632, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,625, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,848, which is in the top 53% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.22%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13809 has a very sparse population density of 50.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.38%.