Senior Living in 13810 (Mount Vision, NY)
- 13810 scores the same as the Mount Vision, NY average of 75.
- 13810 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13810 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Aurelia Osborn Fox Memorial Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Otsego Manor, Robynwood, and Chestnut Park and Rehabilitation Nursing Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Cee Jay Golf Course, Oneonta Country Club, The, and Woodhaven Park Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Meadow-Vale Campsites, Gilbert Lake State Park, and Cooperstown Beaver Valley Cabins & Campsites.
- There is 1 church nearby (Oneonta Assembly of God)..
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.77% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,623, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,074, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,314, which is in the top 50% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.85%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13810 has a very sparse population density of 28.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.33%.