Senior Living in 13811 (Newark Valley, NY)
- 13811 scores the same as the Newark Valley, NY average of 73.
- 13811 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13811 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (United Health Services Hospitals, Inc).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Riverview Manor Health Care Center, Good Shepherd Village at Endwell, and Absolut Care of Endicott .
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 46 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Newark Valley Golf Club, Grandview Farms Golf Course, and Endwell Greens Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Greenwood County Park, Bonita Nudist Resort at, and Hickories Park.
- There are 33 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, Most Holy Rosary Church, and Abide In Vine Fellowship.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.03% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,243, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,092, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,188, which is in the top 57% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.78%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13811 has a very sparse population density of 68.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.08%.