Senior Living in 13812 (Nichols, NY)
- 13812 scores the same as the Nichols, NY average of 73.
- 13812 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13812 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Robert Packer Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Riverview Manor Health Care Center, Elderwood at Waverly, and Sayre Health Care Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Tioga Country Club, DJ\'s Golf Center Par 3, and Chemung Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Hickories Park and Two Rivers).
- There are 16 churches nearby, including Nichols United Methodist Chr, W Warren Congregational Church, and First Church of God.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.03% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,255, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,179, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,814, which is in the top 53% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.81%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13812 has a very sparse population density of 74.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.24%.