Senior Living in 13827 (Owego, NY)
- 13827 scores the same as the Owego, NY average of 66.
- 13827 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13827 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Riverview Manor Health Care Center, The Homesteads, LLC - The Grant FTHA, and The Homesteads, LLC - The Barton FTHA.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Tioga Country Club, Links at Hiawatha Landing, The, and Apalachin Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Hickories Park, West Endicott Park, and Bonita Nudist Resort at.
- There are 28 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church-Owego, Church of the Nazarene, and St Paul\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.03% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,046, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,255, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,870, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.40%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13827 has a sparse population density of 128.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.41%.